Yes, You are in the same blog. This time I want to try something different. I've had this idea for days. I think that write some entries in English, it's a good way to practice the language, and I'm not the best at it, but I want to try it. So, if you are good with the language, let me know and if you want to correct me with the grammar, do it. But be polite. Please.
So, welcome to this new section, please if you want comment in English, do it! I don't care if you're not good with language, We can help each other! But just, if you want.
I can't think another way to start, so, I want to give you some advices to start to read in english. All of this works for me, so you can try it.
- Firts of all, Make a habit of reading in english. I'm not saying that all the time, but you can start to read in English once a month.
- If you don't have experience with the language try to start reading school English textbooks, in those books are short stories with a glossary. You can also search short texts in internet, articles, magazines, etc. Make sure the texts you choose are not too difficult for you.
- This worked very well for me, if you have read a book in Spanish, then read it in English, you now the story, but don't try with complicated books, choose contemporary books. Not Fantasy, or dystopia, those geners are complicated and have much vocabulary.
Or another way is read one Chapther in english and then in Spanish.
- Don't try to understand every word and don't translate everything only use a dictionary if a word keeps appearing in a text and you still don't understand it.
- Many people say that you can use a dictionary, but that didn't work for me, so my advice is: If there are four or five new words on a page, write them. But you don't have to write them while you read. You are going to see those words many times so you may not even need to use a dictionary because you can guess the meaning from the rest of the text
- As I said before, try to read contemporary books, if you like Romance, tries with those books, those are the best to learn, because the authors don't use difficult vocabulary, or you can try it with children's books.
You must be patient with all of this, the first books that I try to read I just read few chapters or pages and left them, or when it was a translated PDF. Read a few chapters or pages a day in English.
Here I will leave you some books that I recommend starting to read in this language:
If you want to read something of fantasy you can try: Percy Jackson the only difficulty you'll have may be the names of the mythology, but those you can search in google. The books of Jennifer L. Armentrout are also very easy to read.
So these are some of my recommendations, I hope they can help you, and encouraged to read in another language, the reading experience is very different.
See you in the comments!